Thank you for taking the time to read through your rights below before beginning the application process with us. Please understand that these rights in no way imply acceptance to our wait list. As an applicant for either a Service or Hearing Dog from The Sam Simon Foundation Assistance Dogs Program, you can expect the following from us:
- The right to be considered for placement of an Assistance Dog regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, age, color, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or national origin.
- The right to privacy and confidentiality with regard to any personal documents or information shared with us unless expressively given permission otherwise.
- The right to be treated respectfully and with dignity by all members of The Sam Simon Foundation staff.
- The right to be educated on the role as a handler of an Assistance Dog in the home and in public settings.
- The right to appropriate training and support as a recipient of an Assistance Dog both in the home and in public settings.
- The right to follow-up support and scheduled team evaluations throughout the life of the team.
- The right to a dog that has been evaluated, health screened and trained according to the standards set forth by Assistance Dogs International (ADI).
- The right to ask for assistance with any behavioral management problem, major medical issue, or additional training for the dog if within the scope of the services offered by The Sam Simon Foundation.
Download the Application Form
*RIGHT CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AND CHOOSE "SAVE TARGET AS" TO SAVE THE FILE.